Saturday, December 5, 2009

My ballet flats smell! What can I do?

I've only had them for a month. Why does this only happen with my flats? My heels don't stink! Help!



My ballet flats smell! What can I do?met opera



Crush some incense and put it in them. Or spray some of your favourite perfume inside. Maybe before you do that some cleaning product.



I did this with my school shoes.. haha.



Good luck! Potpourri is a beautiful strong scent to over power any other scent that may be present.



My ballet flats smell! What can I do?movie theatre opera theater



That happened to me with a pair of Replay ballet flats even before I wore them! I took a feet deodorant (Sanex) and sprayed them once a day. Hope it helps you too.
wash them in fresh goats milk
idk y they smell but try putting those like lil shoe ball things tht make them smell fresh!!
Usually if they are leather made they shouldn't smell so bad so you can always opt for buying leather ones.



If not, use something simple and safe for your flats such as baby powder. It smells lovely and is cheap too!
it's probably because of the insoleds being made of a material that soaks up any wetness... like a woven type of material that most shoes [including flats] are made with.



so, when your feet sweat, the sweat doesn't evaporate and instead.. soaks into your shoe lining/insoles where the bacteria forms.. causing the odor.



i'm still looking for ways to clean my flats that have that type of material too. i've washed them, soaked the insides with alcohol, used deodorant powders.. they didn't really work and still had a stinky smell =(



but...maybe try scrubbing the insides clean using a brush and some anti-bacterial/deodorant soap and some bleach.



or spraying it with Febreeze Anti-Microbial spray and let it dry outside in the sun for a day. don't spray with any perfume .. that will just make things worse.



to prevent this from happening again to your future flats with that kind of insole, make sure your shoes are dried before keeping them... even if it means using a hair dryer. and don't forget to cleanse your feet!



otherwise, try to avoid flats with those types of insoles and get ones with a leather kind or something similar.
Just sprinkle some baking soda in them and let them set like that overnight. Shake and brush it off the next day. This is cheap simple and works!
Baking soda and Febreeze have both worked well



for me. The other thing is to try and use those



sock liners and you can still have that bare foot look



without anyone knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd