Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is ballet hard?

As a professional ballet dancer, I can vouch for it being a very straining and difficult activity.



If you want to do anything with ballet then you must have talent, technique, self-discipline, strength, endurance, emotion, and passion.



There are many things to be concerned about your body with ballet. You can be easily injured and it is very difficult to stay conditioned. You must have an ideal body type, somewhere between the height range of 5'-5'6" and you have to be very thin and muscular.



It requires great body strength, mostly from your legs, back, and stomach. Ballet is well rounded with strength, meaning you use all the muscles in your body just to control one movement. Did you know that one Act from Swan Lake is equivalent in endurance to 4 football games? No I am not lying...and there are 4 Acts in Swan Lake.



Not to mention pointe work. One of the most grueling activities you will ever put your body through. You can destroy your body by the time your 40. It wears you down quickly. I have already had several significant injuries which will later lead to sugeries, significant pain, and arthritis.



I do not just say this because I am a ballet dancer. I believe it was worth it for me because it was what I loved, and I was willing to torture myself and critique myself every day of my life to perfect ballet. But I do not think it is right for everyone, you need to be dedicated in order to love it.



Is ballet hard?movie theatre



It depends what you define as hard!Most dancer's think it's hard , I have done Ballet for nearly 9 years and still think it's hard . It takes alot of effort, skill, strength ,co-ordination,proper technique etc,but if you're comparing it to other styles then i would say it's pretty hard! Report It



Is ballet hard?playhouse opera theater



no
Extremely! Someone who has been in ballet for a number of years has feet that look like they have gone through a meat-grinder! Trying to balance keeping weight done and increased muscle mass puts a massive physical and mental toll on the body. Not my first choice for artistic expression!
Yes, it takes balance, coordination, and skill. It also takes a lot of practice!
Yes it is, but is it worth it? I don't think so
yup...



too heavy, too tall, too short, too 'fat', too anything and you are out before you begin



but if you dedicate yourself and persevere.... who knows?
Ballet is the hardest thing I ever did, but I was in fab shape for it. Ballet is not for wimps, nor is it for the lazy. I've done sports, music, had three kids and went to medical school and ballet was harder hands down. You can't get anywhere with it unless you are tough as nails.
I've seen football players leave ballet exhausted and sore the next day. It also uses your mind. Studies have shown that ballet will improve IQ, but trust me at the higher levels you have to already have a great mind to keep up.
Ballet is very hard. Anyone who disagrees... isn't doing it properly. Ballet takes a great amount of strength and stamina. Also, It takes a great deal of dedication.
i've been dancing for about 14 years and yes it is hard but you learn to love it plus you learn balance coordination and you have rhythm. i would suggest learning when you're younger because it helps as you get older. i don't think i could go in and start ballet now but i'm glad i did when i was 3.
Ballet is hard but so is any sport that you would start out with no knoweldge about it. I have been dancing every year of my life since i was 2 so yes ballet is hard but u should try it if u want too. It is fun.
I've been learning dance for 4 years. It's quite easy once you get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd