Saturday, December 5, 2009

For BALLET i want???

stronger thighs i already have a good oversplit but i still cant seem to get my leg up to my ears in my developays or bapmas [thats all without thouching my leg for pple who dont know] any exercises to help or facts i need to know like to tuck my butt under when i am doing those pleaz help



For BALLET i want???city opera



Your problem could be that the strength of the muscles in your quads (top of the thighs) and hamstrings (under the thighs) are not in balance. This happens commonly, as ballet mainly works your hamstrings. You could try wall-sits (don't laugh, they're actually rather hard. You put your back against the wall so your thighs are parallel to the ground and your ankles are directly in line with your knees. Then sit there, a minute at a time is usually good). Also, you could try lunges (this is when you have one foot a couple feet in front of the other and your front knee bent so your thigh is parallel to the floor and your ankle is in line with your knee. Your back knee is almost touching the floor but is about an inch above it. Your back foot is flexed and your holding yourself up on the ball of your foot. Then you step forward without coming out of it and do it with the other foot in front). I hope I was some help. I've been a ballerina for over 11 years, so try to know my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd