Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is ballet a sport???

I think it is. It's really athletic



Is ballet a sport???opera house



i most definitely think it is. i have been a dancer for over 15yrs. I am a trained jazz and contemporary dancer. I didn't start taking ballet until college and OH MY GOD! I have never done so much with my muscles than i have since i started ballet training. I'm not even trying to make ballet my profession. All I know is that I've run track and danced longer than I've I've done ballet, and it ranks right up there as far as discipline and muscle control is concerned.



Is ballet a sport???dream theater opera theaterYES! I`m 12 years old and have been taking ballet for eight years. It should so be an offical sport!!!!!! Report It


I dance ballet and I feel that it is. I read somewhere that one ballet recital is about as physical as a football game. I believe it.
Much of formal dance is very athletic. However, it is also very graceful. Football players fall around all over the place - compared to dancers, they're quite clumsy. Also, ballet dancers have to memorize all the dance steps for a particular ballet, and this takes a lot of work. For these reasons, ballet qualifies as an art.
hell yes it's a sport. We have to keep in shape just like people who play "traditional sports". excellant question
If dance was any easier then it would be called football, and yes it is a sport, well to me it is anyway.
yes.
I don't think ballet is a sport, but ballerinas are definitely athletes. Ballet is a type of art that takes serious training and dedication.
no its an art ... businesses who have their students do compititions make it a sport but it wasnt ment to be that way.
It is strenuous, dancers must be in good physical condition, but unlike a sport, there are no winners or losers. It is an art form and rather than compete with each others, dancers cooperate with each other to tell a story.
Heck no. Sort of I guess, actually.



Well, it depends for long a person has danced. I did, for 12 years, and although it did make me stronger, I never felt like it really exhausted me. And I worked my booty off!!!



Going for a long run always worked better for me.



Plus ballet ruins ankles/hips/knees. *scrunches nose*
I do not consider ballet a sport, although there is no denying that those dancers are athletes.



The reason I don't consider it a sport is because in competition, the judging is very subjective. There is no concrete way to measure gracefulness or artistry, for example. It's not like in other sports where something either is or is not a goal. When art mixes with athleticism, it's not a sport. Ballet is more of an art form than anything else.
I think dancing in general is a sport because it is exercise and you could get seriously hurt if you don't stretch properly before hand.
no it is a form of art..it is as physical as sport or more but it is an art form which makes it beautiful
You bet it is!!! I have been in ballet for nine years! So to anyone who says ballet is not a sport...I'd like to see you try!
yes...ballet is a sport..if you take it seriously
it is technically an art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd